Saturday, September 10, 2005

Thursdays with Mourning

I had felt that tap on the shoulder like a paperweight turned upside down, shaken and let stand as the snowflakes fall and settled down.

Are you okay? Yes, of course. You seemed very much deep in thought. Oh no, I was just in a staring contest with boredom.

Laughter.

Maybe you should go take a break. The weather outside is perfect. Clear skies. The sun will do you some good.

Nod. Smile.

Alone again with my thoughts. I now know that when you keep still and let time pass without blinking, it will render you callous and everything else in you will have gone numb and sleeping. Then, it will render your eyes misty. I sat there, ostensibly, inert but dewy-eyed.

I now know that the undead exist as sure as I know that it will rain.

Following that guiless advice, I got up and took my cigarette break under the manic drizzle.

Listening to: World Outside - Devlins (Closer OST)

No comments: