Sunday, January 08, 2006

burn

(written: 07 january 2006, 1605H, Calabria [al fresco])

After working for nine days straight, I finally get to have coffee and cigarettes. Time was walking on snail's feet to get to this day. This posits that rest doesn't come easy.

Here I am.
Sipping tea.
The battery in my cellphone just went empty.
Smoking.
The battery in my digicam just went empty.
Pen in hand.
There is no paper nor notebook with me.
Here I am.

I searched relentlessly for something to write on. Nothing. Neither was I given a coffeetable napkin with my order. The only thing I could harvest from my bag was an old receipt I had kept in my wallet. One. I found lighters in my bag though. Three.

So, after I write off the remaining space, I will be left burning the minutes away and letting it all go up in smoke.


***Disclaimer: No objects (living or non-living) were burned nor smoked during this writing. Save for ciggies. But, they had it coming. ***



Music:smoke - ben folds five.

No comments: